Sunday, January 28, 2007

Nepal - The Departure

I am embarking on my trip to Nepal tomorrow where I’ll be for the next 6 weeks. My travel plans entail a domestic leg from DC to LA. Then the leg from LA to Hong Kong is over 15 hours long. From Hong Kong I fly to Bangkok then Bangkok to Kathmandu. I’ll be in Kathmandu for a few days getting oriented. Then I’ll fly 150 miles east to the village of Tumlingar followed by a 4 hour trek up the mountain to Khandbari where I’ll spend about a month working in a clinic and a 12 bed hospital.

Not real sure of my living arrangements while there but I will hopefully have some internet access there and will update this. Otherwise it will be a very disappointing travel log only including a “pre-trip” blog. The last two weeks of my time in Nepal I will be trekking a portion of the Annapurna circuit. On my return trip I will stop in Bangkok, Thailand where I will spend 2 days and 3 nights before returning to the US. Hopefully I'll return with some good stories, lots of pictures, a huge beard, and to news that someone actually wants me to be a doctor at their hospital next year.

No comments: