Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Trapped

I felt a bit locked in yesterday. The electricity was not working and it has been very cloudy since I've been here which means no flights have been leaving from Tumlingar. So, in essence I am trapped here until the weather gets better. Additionally, it has been rather cold with all the cloud cover. While the temperature probably has not dropped below 40 degrees without any heat it is a bit uncomfortable in the mornings and evenings. I've been sleeping fully clothed in my sleeping bag. During the day it is not bad although the people here have been complaining about the cold.

I also felt a bit lonely yesterday morning but soon got over it. Knowing the Super Bowl was going on while I was having my coffee alone on the porch but having no way to check the score was a bit disconcerting. It's the small things I guess. However, when the power is working the TV in the house which has cable does get ESPN in English. Unfortunately, it appears to be a 24hr Cricket network. The TV also gets professional wrestling at about any hour of the day also in English (America's influence on the 3rd world) so I can watch WWE over my coffee while I listen to the village wake up. I've done some reading and played some more chess with Upendra to fill the time. It's good to have some down time after a crazy couple of months so I think I'll continue to adjust until I run out of books which won't be too long.


::

No comments: